Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Car is Purchased

Hello,

Yesterday morning we drove about 50 miles just to get a car. We might have lowered the price more, but that is not truly the style of Leroy and I. We did the best we could with the skills we have. At least it was rated on the website we checked, as a great deal because it had the price dropped two times. It is a 2014 white Corolla with just 5,000 miles on it. The dealer had used it as a loaner when people had work done on their cars. Surely those drivers treated this vehicle as a precious thing? Both of us felt as if a load had been lifted. We expect it to last 200,000 miles. How old do you think we will be?

I wondered what we will think about and consider now. We did not trade in a car but are selling that on our own so I suppose that will occupy some time. If you know anyone who would like a 1999 Hyundai Elantra manual shift with 160,000 miles on it let us know.

There is also a need to figure out the features on this car. I looked at the manual and realized I need to sit in the car to figure out how to work the possibilities. I also need to learn if we have this or that possibility. Our other newest car is 2004 so we are not up on the newest car technology.

We cannot get Leroy’s biked in this car without taking off the bike’s front wheel. I told him he can just leave it at work and get it the next time he goes there or we could get it sometime when it is not raining and put on the bike rake. There are many ways to solve this problem.

We are hoping Leroy’s hip or leg or back or whatever will feel good after a two hour trip. I keep thinking it can’t hurt worse, or can it?

I drove it home. I have to confess that I did figure out the cruise control, but not much else as I think I focus too long on something and forget that I have cars zipping around just as I am zipping around. Mostly I kept my eyes on the road.

Son-in-law, Andy would not have bought it for himself, but at least now he no longer has to observe us not take his well thought out advice. We did not even test drive the cars he thought were the best. It is rather sad that we did not do that. Maybe for the next car purchase we will pay more attention to him and his ideas. Andy wants a car to do more than get to point A from point B. He wants to feel good in it. Leroy and I are more basic.


Paula

No comments: