Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Hopes

Hello,

On the way home from MN, Leroy decided to take his wallet out of his front jeans pocket. Years ago he took it out of his back pocket to give comfort in the car. This seemed to make him feel much better for at least 30 minutes before a return of pain. On this trip Leroy did stop once just to get out of the car and move around. He tells me that brings almost immediate relief, however, he seldom thinks we should stop just for that. Hopes up and hopes leveled off as Leroy thinks it might be better if he took out the billfold before he got in the car at all.

My 45th year college homecoming is this October. My hopes are running higher and higher as I see the list of people who are coming. I even know a number of these people. I hope I will recognize them. Should I hope they will recognize me? Should I get a wig to replace some of the hair that I am losing? I will just take my chances.

When I signed up for homecoming it did not have an option for me to put in the year that Leroy graduated. At the last screen it said he did not go to Luther so I clicked on go back to correct that error. The form was now blank. I refilled it and the place that I could have Leroy’s graduation year came up as well. At the end I got a confirmation number. I emailed my former roommate this morning and learned that my name was in there twice as coming. When I called the college I learned that it was because I had signed up twice. She assured me that my credit card would be credited with the second payment, but not just yet, hence my name is still on the list twice. Hoping I do indeed get my money back. It will be there in a few days.

Hoping Leroy and I find just the car we want when we look this afternoon. Leroy forgot an obligation this evening so I am not sure how much time we will have for this task.


Paula

No comments: