Saturday, September 26, 2015

Listless Life

Hello,

I very carefully make a shopping list each week. There have been times when I have not looked at it. Or I might look at it at first and then forget about it the rest of the time. Generally I do fairly well.

Today I had thought of at least three things at the last minute. Somehow that does not help my memory. I was proud of myself for recycling some bulbs from the library. It helped that I had left them on the seat in the car. But I remembered to go to a store hardware type store that would cheerfully take them. I patted myself on the back for that good job, checked my list and headed off to the next stop. That took quite a while, but I made a clothing purchase that I believe I will like. Just how do other people know what will be the best? This time a clerk helped me make some decisions after I asked her what is worn with the sweater I was looking at. It might be nice to keep up with fashion changes, but it is not my style.

From there I headed off to get my glasses adjusted. I had wacked my head and glasses strongly. It is amazing how much better they stay in place today.

I got groceries. I remembered that I wanted chia seeds. When waiting to check out the woman ahead of me was asking the checker if they had chi or chi seeds. I rooted around in my cart and pulled out the chia seeds. “Is this what you want? I asked.

The woman said, “Yes.”

The checker said, “If you would let me scan those I will give them back.” Turing to the other woman she said, “And you can go back and get a package without needing to come back here.”

What a deal!  I did get home without buying whole wheat flour, apples, and a windshield wiper. At least I live close to all of these places, two miles or perhaps a bit more.


Paula

No comments: