Monday, June 1, 2015

Planning

Hello,

I do not know what we will do on our anniversary, but we have both been reminded by our digital calendars. I guess they are good for something. We will be taking a trip just the day after so maybe that counts as the anniversary fling. We will travel west to Miriam’s, but on the way we stop to visit my college roommate in the mountains of Colorado. We also expect to take those two Utah grandchildren tent camping in one of the national parks. It has been a few years since I have slept on the ground, hopefully I can still do that. Leroy might complain in the morning, but there is no doubt in my mind that he will be able to sleep because he is the champion sleeper.

We had planned to plant some vines in our Ely garden, but have not gotten that done. Leroy is now set on the idea of doing it after we come back. Hopefully all squash bugs will have died in despair from lack of food. So then our vines will grow rapidly and be ready before the first frost arrives.

We actually have a small broccoli head forming in our front garden. Will it be large enough to pick before we leave? Certainly it would be too big when we return if so it will be a gift for our friends.

I have been collecting a bag of things that we will take west. But I cannot imagine what to pack for clothes as the weather there has been about as unpredictable as ours. I do think we need to have both more extreme temperature clothes for that camping experience as I recall it can be quite cool when the sun goes down even if it is blazing hot during the day.

At least my hair is fairly short so the lack of humidity will not make it appear too long. That dry air takes the curl right out. One thing nice to look forward to is the lack of flying insects.


Paula

No comments: