Friday, June 26, 2015

On the road Home

Hello,

Traveling was mostly uneventful for which we are grateful. We spotted at least three drivers who were weaving or changing speed quite a lot. When passing them we could see that they were using a phone or one even looked like a tablet. Certainly the road was not their primary focus. I do remember when we lived in western Iowa, one of the minister’s wives telling that her husband propped a book on the steering wheel as he was driving to Omaha. Times have not changed, but multiplied.

On our trip back and forth we like to keep track of all the different state license plates we see. This trip gave a total of 36 states whose names we could read before we got too far apart. There was one other state, but I have not bothered to look up the image online. People are indeed on the move in this country. Many of them on I80.

We have been home since Saturday. I find I am quite tired. It is worse than changing the time in the spring and the fall because we change it twice in just a couple weeks. My system does not like that. I even took an hour nap on Wednesday. That only happens a few times in a year.

There has been plenty of rain here. Our rain gauge had more than five inches in it. I have emptied it at least two more times since we have been back and there was more than an inch each time. It is indeed lush around here. I have been to the garden three times and pulled many weeds. The bonus is that they pull easily.

Our home garden is not full of gigantic plants as it was last year. We have picked a kohlrabi and will pick another tonight. I use the leaves too so not much is thrown away. I am also picking some of the winter onions around the house as they have grown too unwieldy to be cute.


Paula

No comments: