Sunday, June 28, 2015

Rain

Hello,

We walked to church in a gentle rain. It helped that there was almost no wind. I stayed for an additional class, but Leroy headed on home because he had a nursing home service in the afternoon.

When I left church with my little umbrella up, but then lowered it because it was just a little mist. In time it became more serious rain and the umbrella went up. I had on my rain coat and sandals that are washable so I was ok. The rain came down harder and I started counting the blocks to my house hoping it would go quickly. In time it could be classified as a downpour. I think it bounced off the side walk up to the hem of my dress, or perhaps the wind had come up a little. My lower legs were quite wet when I got to the porch. I am so grateful for that porch where I can quickly duck inside without out fiddling with a key.

In the late afternoon we went to an organ concert. I walked the mile and a half while Leroy drove because he thought it might rain again. I wore my raincoat, but did not take an umbrella. As I was about half way there it sprinkled a little. I called Leroy to tell him the exact route I was walking in case I needed a ride. Then the rain stopped. It was also fine when we came out, but I still rode home with him.

Leroy and I also worked in the community garden early this morning. Consequently Leroy walked a bit more than five miles as he walked to the nursing home. I walked about four and a half. That does not count any walking we might have done just meandering from one spot to another. I figure it was a good day for moving the body.


Paula

No comments: