Thursday, June 11, 2015

In Utah

Hello,

We arrived in Utah on Monday, somewhat late in the day. Certainly too late for me to do anything, but collect my senses, chat, and go to bed. We are certainly getting our mountain fix (if there is such a thing with us) on this trip. We spend a night and part of a day in the mountains in Avon, CO. It was quite a spectacular view with a touch of cool air. Morning temperature was 38 degrees F. Certainly nice to have some jeans along as well as long sleeves. Much of the rest of the time we have been sweating at 90 degrees F. Amazing how the body can adjust to such fluctuations.

Bike rides, tag, going to the library, reading books, working on a picture puzzle, going to the library, taking a hike, going to the library, and reading books have filled in much time. An overnight camping trip is being planned, but not totally locked in yet.

Even though the speed limit is 80 in Utah, Leroy found he was not comfortable driving that fast. He slowed to 75 while still fast it seems more manageable. We arrived here in great shape so it was good. I made the most questionable driving maneuver of the trip when I pulled into the left lane to pass a slower vehicle. I thought I was a comfortable distance ahead of the semi that was also behind me in that lane. Unfortunately the two cars in front of me slowed rather abruptly. In the mirror I could see the semi coming closer and closer to the back of our car. I almost felt like screaming before he stopped with only a bit of the grill showing in the mirror. I do not know that I have had one come so close and at 70 or more mph.  Sunday morning when we got back on the road in Nebraska it seemed to be just us and the semis, but I gave them plenty of space to make any necessary adjustments.


Paula

No comments: