Sunday, March 3, 2013

Home Again


Hello,

We went to Brian’s house for the weekend which included a birthday celebration for two year old Logan. Friday morning we left with cloudy skies, but it seemed the roads should be good. However they had a layer of moisture or ice on them just north of Cedar Rapids. For the first twenty miles we saw at least fifteen cars strewn in the ditches along the interstate. It looked as if some kid had abandoned them in the middle of play time. There was even a semi trailer resting on the side as it waited to be turned upright once more.

Even though it did not look as if they had just landed there, cautious, I slowed down considerably. Those people who chose to pass me were not flying at their normal speed. We made good progress in spite of the slow beginning.

Cloe, the dog gave me her usual excited greeting complete with wriggling, moaning, and whimpering. Can you imagine what life would be like if humans could get so happy to see each other? Course I think I am the most regular walker of this animal. Well, Sophia was quite that excited as she leaped into my arms. Logan who has not seen us so much was more hesitant as he checked us over. By the end of our stay he was quite comfortable to be in bed with us in the morning and throw our noses into his room, over and over again.

The drive back was uneventful on a beautiful sunny day. Something that I cannot explain was all of the RV’s going north in Minnesota. Were they expecting to camp out or were they just returning home after being farther south? There were at least five of them heading somewhere. As for me I still am sleeping between flannel sheets and wearing flannel pajamas. Camping out does not yet call to me.

Paula

No comments: