Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Blue Light


Hello,

The blue light has been on the phone box since some time yesterday. Leroy thought it was working, but had not actually checked. It did not work he learned this morning. However, after it was unplugged and plugged in once more, it worked. I am hoping for the best. Being saved through the air is a good thing, right? Yeah! No red flashing light stopping talk progress.

The mysteries of the life around us are bountiful. Leroy is taking the morning off and learning that time flies. He thought I sat around and twiddled my thumbs wondering what to do.

His glasses needed a little adjustment so we took a trip out for that stopping at Goodwill to drop off four things as well as looking in the store. There was a small couch or loveseat, but when I sat in it I felt that I was sinking a bit low. We will continue to look.

I will wear my free top to work today. Last Friday when at Sears I bought a couple of tops. With this discount and that point I walked out without paying a cent for these two. It felt a bit disconcerting, almost like I was stealing. I have to confess that I do not understand the rewards point system, but when this one particular woman waits on me I get the best discounts. Surely it cannot just be her, but it seems that it happens when she assists. She needs a raise, but the store might not think so.

Well I must pack my supper, eat lunch, change clothes, and put on a warm coat before I head off to work. Leroy had wanted to ride the bike but I think he is concerned about the cold wind.

I am thankful for the draft free car that glides down the road with little effort on my part. Haven’t cars come a long way?

Paula 

No comments: