Friday, March 15, 2013

Dream House


Hello,

“Do I have a dream house?” For sure I would have answered in the negative and perhaps asserted, “I can live anywhere.”

Well that changed. I now have a dream house. The library regularly has to weed magazines because of space limitations. All libraries must purge some because of always acquiring in order to stay current. When the magazines are taken out I often sort through the discards and bring them home to look at when I do not feel like reading some serious book that I am working my way through. Recently one of the magazines had a big article about a dream house that they were using as a sweepstakes prize. Anyone could sign up to win, however as I was looking at this magazine after the contest was over it did not affect me.

It did not matter since I had not a dream house, any place will do. How would I even recognize a dream house? First page showed the living room of this home in the mountains of New England. The view from the windows was indeed beautiful, and according to the article this was true in all seasons. The kitchen was well equipped and spacious as was every other room they showed. It was nice, but I knew I would not really want to live there as it was no closer to any of my children. Then they moved on to the bedrooms showing a magnificent master suite followed by two lovely bedrooms. Next there was a tastefully decorated dorm that would sleep eight so that you could have guests for the skiing season. In all, the house would easily sleep fourteen people! Now that is my dream house complete with room for all the kids and grandkids to come visit. You all could even come visit at anytime of the year. What a deal!

Course the house should be elastic so we would not have to deal with so much space when it was not needed. Dreaming, dreaming.

Paula

No comments: