Saturday, March 9, 2013

Still Here


Hello,

Just a short note or I think it will be short to let you know that I am still here even though I have not written for a couple days.

Leroy worked at the museum today, while I volunteered at a church event. I was a greeter in the early time opening the door and welcoming. I rather enjoyed that. Then it was on to duty in the upper hall helping people find their way to the room that was eluding them. I was able to attend two of the sessions. In addition I got to hear most of the key note speaker and sing praise in the closing worship. I always feel privileged to learn new things and think about them for a time. I was especially happy to learn that progress has been made to keep malaria at bay for some. The death rate for children has moved from one death every 30 seconds to one death every 60 seconds. The change agents have been education, prevention, and medication.

One of the wonderful benefits from this meeting was that some of our good friends were there. We met with one couple last night and with another after Leroy closed the library today. What gifts are the joys of visiting with others! Certainly that is a gift from God.

Yesterday afternoon I spend time with one of the people with whom I had gone to library school. It was so refreshing to catch up with her. It is interesting how it is so easy to slip into a good talk with some people. Blessings, Blessing! Thank you, thank you.

There were other people that I hugged and enjoyed talking to at the event today. It makes me realize that is one of the positives of this less than settled life we have been living.

Paula

No comments: