Monday, March 11, 2013

Birds and Phones


Hello,

Birds contribute to and control our lives. They contribute with their beauty, cheerful songs, and movements. We are blessed to have woodpeckers, chickadees, nuthatches, sparrows, and crows in the neighborhood. It is just as interesting watching fish, but I do not know why.

They control us by pooping anywhere they are. That means my clothes hung out in the open air are vulnerable. The other night when walking to church we could hear the crows up ahead. At least two trees that were over the sidewalk had a large crowd roosting there. That set the route for me, as I immediately crossed the street to avoid any random bombs. That decision was wise as there were a total of five trees that were residents for various numbers of these squawkers. We had noticed the decorated sidewalk in a past walk when the flock was out visiting other places.

On our last return trip from Minnesota we noticed two very large birds flying by. Even if they were not bald eagles it still gives a feeling of awe to see this magnificence.

I am the plant lady at the library. There is a new table there. I plan to bring in two houseplants to see what looks best. The only trouble is the cold outside. Last week I was all prepared, but it was not suitable. I thought today would surely be the day, but it is now snowing just a little. So that also seems too cold. Maybe Thursday will work when the high is to be 46. I like winter, but I am looking for that warm day for safe plant moving.

The phone is still a problem. It is like wiggling a loose tooth, I keep checking to learn if it is working or not. Generally it is not, but I am so pleased on the moments when it does work. Then I wonder, “Who should I call?” Really it is also so that I can learn if anyone left a message for me. I can call using the computer as I did in the past before we got this miraculous connection going. So calling out is not the issue, but calling in is the issue. If you have something important to say to me and I do not answer the phone you might try my cell number. I am even keeping it out in the room so I can more easily hear it than when it is in my muffling purse in the closet with the door shut. I have not developed the habit of having my phone around all of the time as my co-workers do. So if it is out of my purse, I tend to leave it home. I really want to have the cell with me when I am out. I seldom get calls anyway. Also I have lived successfully for many years without a phone attached to my body so it will all be ok.

Paula

No comments: