Saturday, July 3, 2010

Seasoned Travelers

New Brighton, MN

Hello,

The e tickets are printed, Leroy’s bag is packed, Paula’s is in progress, the last decisions are made, and we will leave tomorrow at noon.

I should say that Brian gave us a list of jobs with the stipulation that we did not have to do them. It has taken more than a week to get most of them done. I weeded one day, but there are still some that I have not even looked at. We relaxed one day and spent much time with granddaughters and children. What could be a better way to spend time?

We even watched one movie, Slumdog Millionaire. We both thought it was good, but quite serious, certainly no laughing matter.

I think before I left Chariton I was depressed, had no energy, just read books, and sighed. I am sorry to say that I did not do as much cleaning as I should have or as much organizing ahead of time. It is so hard to think of leaving friendly people, places, and energy. Course there are those regular routines that life falls into such as church and quilting. To think they can quilt without me. That is not true, they can quilt without me as I only have the skills of tying and cutting.

Now I am reading a book by Dave Barry and that is helping me to laugh. Course anyone under four is good for one laugh or more per day.

Paula

No comments: