Friday, July 30, 2010

Coming back to MN on the plane

New Brighton, MN

Hello,

Sarah said, “The metro starts running at 5:15, but I think it would be ok to get there on the 5:35 am train so you would be there by six.” The plane was leaving at 7:00 am.

We planned on that when we went to bed. Even though we had set an alarm, I checked the time at 12:30, 3:30 and 4:00. Leroy was awake too so we just got up at 4:30 and got out of the house by 5:13. One of the gates at the Metro was locked so we had to cross the street and go down over there. We got on the Metro at 5:20 arrived at the airport at 5:45 as light was just coming to the sky. Then the search was on for the shuttle stop so we could travel to another terminal.

In the proper place we did not need to stop for the boarding pass because Sarah had printed them for us, but headed straight to the security check. There were a number of people ahead of us. After a while Leroy commented, “We picked the slow line.”

Others seemed to be zipping past while we waited patiently. It seemed that every flight attendant and pilot preferred our line. They go to the front of the line and that is ok, but I wish they had alternated lines.

Would you believe that as I left the security check I did not pick up one of my bags? Luckily Leroy was behind me and he took it as well as his own.

By the time we got up to the gate they were boarding the plane. I wear a belt bag, carry on a smaller bag that has reading materials and snacks, and have one larger, but not large, bag to put in the overhead bin. There was a woman behind me who was asked to take off her belt bag. She said my belt bag was larger than hers. How I got by with it I am not sure, but I have never had anyone comment on it. I will continue to wear it, and leave room in one of the other bags so I could tuck it in if needed. Only two bags are allowed, one in the bin and one under the set in front of you.

Paula

No comments: