Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Victim

Hello,

Yesterday I was talking to Brian and Sophia on the webcam when a message came from Sonya. There was a girl from Slovakia called Sonya. Thinking it was her, I wrote back and said Hi, but I was talking to my son. I assumed that would be the end of that, but then a reply came, indicating that she wanted to talk. Using more clear language I reported that it was not a good time for me and I would get back later. Next came a message from her stating that she wanted to start the webcam and we could get naked together. I then told Brian about it and he told me how to delete this person since I now know that it is not my friend. Email addresses are not always a clear signal of who you might be talking with.

The strange part about it is that I felt violated even though nothing had really happened. Being a victim is a strange position to be in. There was even a bit of an edge that I might have caused it and I was disgusted with myself that I was careless about letting this person get on my network. At least I learned how to quickly delete someone from the list. Experience is a good teacher.

Today is the day to make cinnamon rolls, saffron buns, and granola. Because I put mashed potatoes in the cinnamon dough I was up at 6:00 this morning peeling potatoes. Nice way to start the day. One thing about yeast breads they do not require constant care so that is helpful when doing more things at the same time.

Tomorrow morning Leroy and I will get up at 4:00 and hopefully start traveling at 4:15 so we can pick up Sarah, Stephen, and Lexi at the airport at 9:55 or a bit later. It is just right at six hours of driving according to map quest and I know that I must make one or two stops hence the extra half hour of travel time.

Leroy visited someone at the hospital. On the way home he stopped at a store and bought himself a tool box. He is happy. I guess that is Christmas.
Paula

No comments: