Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Leroy's health numbers

Hello,

I was pleased with my cholesterol, but Leroy beats me platelets down. His total dropped from 188 to 154. His LDL dropped from 133 to 92. His Triglycerides are still higher than mine, but at the drop from 101 to 68 they are very good.

Why did this happen? Is it the vinegar and honey? Cutting cheese consumption in half? Exercising more by riding the bike so much? This is not a very scientific study since we made more than one change at a time. But we are glad that something has helped. Leroy and I have both lost a little bit of weight too.

One more detail from the Washington trip. We went to a baseball game. Now I have not been to a game in at least ten years and that was in Moorhead to some type of more local team. This was the Nationals (I hope I got that name correct.) at their stadium. Part of the deal with going to games is all of the extras such as food, music, visiting, and flashing scoreboards. The game may even be secondary to all of the rest.

Even getting to the game was an adventure. We drove to a large free parking lot outside of a stadium. Silly me, I thought we had arrived. Instead we got on a free bus and drove on to another location from which we walked about five minutes to the stadium. Not so much parking available by this stadium hence the need to bus people.
Even at 61 years old I can learn a lot, but do I want to learn it all, probably not. Ignorance can be bliss. However, I do actually enjoy baseball because I know the rules, but I can not imagine spending much time watching it, especially when it is on TV.

Paula

No comments: