Thursday, November 19, 2009

cleaning

Hello,

How many “just in case we might need it” shoelaces do we need? Because of a broken lace, Leroy looked for a replacement that he found along with innumerable others. Some were new and pristine in the package and some had obviously had a period of service. Leroy was just ready to shove them back in the shoe box storage when I intervened.

“I will sort them if you leave them out.” I said.

Well it took a while to get the job done, but I did it. Some where thrown out, pairs were bundled together, and singles gathered and tied loosely so it was not such a tangled mess. Leroy wanted to throw out some more, but I would not let him since I had made them into such a neat pile.

There was also shoe polish, watches (Leroy’s), glasses cases (Leroy’s), and locks for suitcases. The locks were for back in the old days when we very carefully locked every suitcase, just in case.

While I was on a roll I tackled Leroy’s closet. Leroy has some sweaters that he complains about all the time since they are too large. After looking at those he got rid of all three of them plus two sweatshirts, one that he did not like and one that is worn at the sleeve ends. I call this a productive day.

Leroy cleaned the faucet knobs in the bathrooms and the kitchen. I am so pleased whenever I look at them. I had had no idea they were dirty. Amazing how some dirt can blend in with the item.

Paula

No comments: