Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Drying clothes

Hello,

Because it was raining it was a treat to dry clothes in the dryer. They do come out lint free and fluffier than on the line. It is also less work and for me means fewer trips up and down the stairs to the basement. Wait! I think it is the same number of trips on the steps because after I put them in the dryer I have to go back down to check them or get them out.

I still like seeing the wind whipping them horizontal, but a change is nice sometimes.

I do have a clothes rack in the basement, but do not use it much since it is a bit damp down there and it takes a long time for them to dry. I miss the radiator heat in Slovakia where I could put the clothes and get moisture in the air as they dried.

Last night Leroy visited some people and reported when he came home, “I hit a skunk just after another car had killed it. The outside of the car smells.”

“Just the outside?” I wanted to know.

“I did not notice it so much, but the garage is stinky now,” he said.

When putting out some garbage it was indeed quite filled with aroma even though the car was gone. The side door is now open to create a flow of ventilation.

I will have to get in the car to see if Leroy is accurate in his relation of the facts.

Paula

Roses, geraniums, marigolds, dianthus, and daisies are still blooming. So lovely.

No comments: