Friday, November 6, 2009

Salt Lake trip

Hello,

Even though it was almost three weeks ago I still want to tell you some of the highlights of our trip to SLC. We drove to the Omaha airport in the dark. It was an easy trip with no deer fighting for the same spot in the universe. The car went to the cheap long term lot with no trouble. The shuttle was there before all of the two carry-on bags were out of the car.

At the security check the guys were looking at, pointing at the screen, and talking about my bag as it went through the scan.

“We have to get someone over here,” one of them said.

When the third guy came he also looked than asked me as I was standing there waiting, “Is this your bag?”

“Yes,” I responded.

“Did you pack any sharp objects?” he asked.

I started reviewing contents in my mind. I had a lot of old Barbie dolls and clothes in there. Did Barbie have a sword, sharp leg, sharp toe, or something like that?
“You did pack this bag?” he asked a bit more sternly.

“Yes, but I can’t think of anything besides Barbie things.” I mused.

“We will have to look in it,” he firmly stated.

The bag was pulled aside to another table, unzipped, and out came a ten inch cucumber in a plastic bag.

“Oh it is a cucumber,” he said in relief.

“Yes it was the last one in the garden and I could not leave it there,” I said as I took my bag back. “I had been afraid that it might have too much water in it, but did not see it as sharp.”

“It was really the length and shape that fooled us,” he said with a grin.

Paula

No comments: