Saturday, January 6, 2024

Will We Make It

Hello, Our plane landed in Denver after 30 minutes delay in Salt Lake cutting into our 51-minute layover. On the ground, out the window, we watched our gate go by. We just kept moving, passing up empty spaces and lower gate numbers. It seemed we could just leap out of the plane and be ok. There were three young women in the aisle so I turned and asked, “Do any of you know how to get one of those carts that move people around?” The answers were all no. They then started quizzing us about how much time we had and when the plane was taking off. They all felt that we could make it from the 73rd gate to the 21st before takeoff. I was pleased that they thought we looked agile enough to manage it, but still a little skeptical. I had a crack in my right heel so I did not want to run. Because we had seen the gates go by, we knew the direction to go. No bathroom stops for us. The pain in my heel became a small background to the urge to move at a good pace. We even used the moving walkways, moving all the time to make good progress. There were no people waiting in line at the gate as all had boarded when we got there. We got on, got seated, and a few more stragglers come on before we took off. I am such a worrier. I had been planning what to do because we would miss the flight. What a waste of energy! We got home in time to catch the bus home. It was a relief to walk in the door right on time. Paula

No comments: