Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Heat Wave?

Hello, It is six degrees above zero now with the sun so beautiful. I took a walk. It was good at first, but then at the end of the block the sidewalk had not been shoveled making it harder to navigate. No one around the corner had kept their patch of sidewalk clear. When I got to the end of the second block, I considered how to climb over the mounds left by the snow plow. Unfortunately, I had worn shorter boots. It seemed like enough walk for the day. It was so fine to get back to the cleared sections on our block. The only problem now was that the wind seemed quite strong. I was happy to get back to the house even with an abbreviated walk. I am going to a study at church tomorrow morning. Not sure that I feel comfortable walking that far by myself. I would wear my tall boots and wrap my warmest wool scarf around my neck and shoulders. I do wonder what it would be like if I fell when by myself. Yesterday when we were out and about, we met a car in a particularly bumpy place. It looked like Mr. Bobble Head was driving the car. We probably looked the same, but I could not get that perspective on us. Paula

No comments: