Thursday, January 11, 2024

Driving on Snow

Hello, I realized as I pulled out of the garage, that I had not yet driven in snow this year. We just pushed the new two or three inches of snow to the side of the alley so Leroy could get his car out and go to work. After lunch I decided to go get a hair cut and get a few more groceries. I found it easy to pull out of the garage, but turning was not so easy as we had not shoveled the part where I pull ahead and turn the wheel. I guess I managed to get the job done by backing up two times. The rest of the alley was not fun, but not too bad. The street had a few frozen bumps on it. The interstate was clear, but I do not use it very long. The side streets required a bit more alertness. There was no waiting to get a haircut as there was only one other person in there while I was there. I like the cut. The grocery store was busy as other people must be loading up before the next wave of snow comes in tonight and tomorrow. After that, the noticeable factors will be the low temperatures with strong winds. We are hoping the power stays on. When I got home, I realized that I had not closed the garage door. It seemed everything I could think of was still there. Guess navigating that turn distracted me. Luckily not so many people roaming around. I did not hop right out of bed this morning. Leroy had almost finished in back of the garage by the time I got out there. When we went out front to do the sidewalk the neighbor had reached the steps in front of our house. He was moving quite fine, but he is so thin and I know he does not feel well. Maybe tomorrow we can help him again. Paula

No comments: