Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Packing

Hello, Leroy manages to pack in half the time that I take. It is hard to know how many items for various temperatures one should take. We are going on a Panama Canal Cruise. It should be much warmer than it is here, but will it be breezy on the ship? Who knows? The temperature was better this morning. I walked to church with care as there were many places that I wanted to know what my foot was coming down on. I only slipped a little once. There were certainly places that the sidewalk had not been cleared. I am so grateful for all who made the effort to get to the pavement. Some drivers do not realize that pedestrians have some marked crossings and they pull their vehicle into that spot. Then it is a choice, do I go in front of the car or in back? Usually, the front seems safer because they will see me and not run over me. Sometimes they are so far ahead that it is uncomfortable to walk so far into the intersection. I took quite a lot longer going to church because of my slow pace, but I arrived. It was disappointing that at church, I somehow lost my mask, which protects my nose from the cold. sI had to depend on my scarf. It worked, but not as easily as the mask. Paula

No comments: