Saturday, September 2, 2023

Garden in the Morning

Hello, Because of the predicted heat, I hopped out of bed, took my bone health pill, and headed to the garden. Leroy was still in bed, but I left a note on the table. However, after walking all the way to the garden I realized I would need to go home to go to the bathroom. When I arrived, Leroy was looking for me around the apartment. I told him what was happening. He said he would join me in the garden even though he had not felt so good yesterday. It was quite fine and cool outside. I picked beans and started watering the tomatoes. Leroy came and helped with picking cucumbers. He managed to find 22 of them. Some quite large and overdone. We gave away three on the way home. Later we gave away four more. It is seductive to think about sneaking out in the night and putting them on people’s steps. We were up too early to see any people out and about. Later we went to church and watered the flowers. This no rain time is very hard on plants, but good for our steps. I have 12,000 steps now. I will admit to being a little tired. We have washed the tomatoes, and cucumbers but not done the green beans yet. Sometimes too much produce becomes a burden especially on a holiday weekend when we cannot find people to give it to. Paula

No comments: