Sunday, September 10, 2023

Still watering

Hello, Now it is considered a drought. Still not as serious as some areas, but quite noticeable. I go to church six days a week to water the flowers. Guess that has been my long-term volunteer job this summer. Today I fertilized as well as watered. That is the last of the fertilizer so that will be it for the year. I water at home as well. With the cooler weather, it seemed to me that every other day was adequate. It is getting warm again so doing it everyday again for a while. The rain barrel is empty. I miss that source of water. We also water the community garden, but not so frequently. There are two others who also take a turn. That helps quite a lot. What a wonderful thing that we still have enough water for our use, although we have started to be more careful than we used to be. The city is asking for that care. When we drove over the river, Leroy commented on how low it is. I was driving so did not really look. His word is good. Rain would be a blessing. We just hope that it would be in manageable amounts. Paula

No comments: