Sunday, September 10, 2023

Once it was Rally Day September 10, 2023 Hello, Our day started with choir practice early. The director asked Leroy if he would be giving communion to the group. We had been asked a long time ago but had mostly forgotten about it. She announced to everyone that Leroy would give communion and I would assist. So, it was set. Then just before church started the person who had originally talked to us about it, came up and asked if Leroy and I were giving communion. I said, “Yes.” And tried not to laugh. Right after church, we were to help serve the brunch outside. I went to get some water and go to the bathroom so I was prepared for a long stint. Arriving outside I found that there were enough servers. It seemed prudent to wander around as if I had a purpose and waited to be called to let others take a break. In the meantime, Leroy and got something to eat, only to hear that it was time for the adult choir to sing outside. Oops! We sang, I finished eating, and looked for something to do. In a short time, Leroy and I did take the place of some other servers. It was fine to be in not such a busy time. I am including a picture of three of us working. The shirt Leroy is wearing was a retirement gift from the woman on my right. She immigrated from Liberia. We were to be dressed for the beach, but we do not have much that fits that description. Leroy decided this shirt was his most colorful.
Paula

No comments: