Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Blame Old Age

Hello, I hear my fellow travelers blame old age for a variety of deficiencies, health wise, that have come into being for them. Would I do that? Of course not! Oh no, felt tired and wanted to take a nap. A voice in my head said, “You must be getting old.” I told my health care provider that I do not handle heat so well anymore and wondered if that was a characteristic of aging. She thought not. Perhaps I did not have enough water, salt or even gator aid. She also learned I do not sweat very much. That also makes heat more difficult for my body to process. I do think some things are related to age. Some joints do not work as well as they used to. Could they wear out? Or they not being used as much so they give up trying? Certainly, some muscles are not controlled as well as they used to be. Exercise more? Paula

No comments: