Friday, August 24, 2018

That Inner Voice

Hello,



I set off shopping this morning with my Fitbit zip in my pocket rather than clipped to my waist where I usually wear it. At the first stop I realized that I had put it in my favorite pocket for stashing my car keys. “This could fall out when I get out the keys,” I thought without moving the keys or the zip.



Well at the second to last store that I visited I realized that I no longer had that zip. Somehow it seemed like much too small an item to retrace my steps since I was not totally sure where I last remember having it. Why do I not listen to that wise inner voice more often than I do? When I do not regard it and in hindsight I know that I should have paid attention, I make fresh resolves to do better in the future. However I have done this for years without making marked improvement.



I am sad to no longer have that item. Now the question for me is do I replace it, or do I upgrade? One thing about upgrading is that many of the other devices have rechargeable batteries which I suspect would be a cost saving in the long run. Also maybe there would be a little less pollution for the earth.



One of my stops was to buy a book with birthday money. Leroy and I both feel it is a good choice even though we have not read it yet, but we read about it in the church magazine. It is called “I’m Still Here”. I will take it to the library and donate it before checking it out and reading it. Leroy does not read much nonfiction if he does not have to, but he sounds like he might read this one.



Paula

No comments: