Sunday, August 12, 2018

My Phone

Hello,



Yesterday I rode my bike to work. In the morning, Leroy rode half way with me before he turned around since he had some errands to run.



I enjoyed the rest of the ride by myself. It was great to be out in the early morning coolness with a few riders and walkers on the trail. I had gotten to work early enough that getting my clothes changed and ready for patrons was no problem. I have happy to have remembered to bring underpants.



During the day people started to talk about the heat outside. In the meantime, I kept drinking more and more water, which means that I had to make quite a few trips to the restroom. I do not like to leave the main room so much when I am the sole person in charge, but I thought my health on the trip home was more important.



At the end of the day I got ready to ride home. It was about 20 minutes after closing time. I was out getting on my bike when I remembered that I should call Leroy to let him know I had started home. If I were very late then he could worry and maybe do something if needed. I dug out my phone only to have it give me a message that the call had failed. I tried again with the home number. Then I got a message that if the signal was low I should sign up to do WI-FI calling. It wanted an address and I did not know which address so I just decided to try again when I was almost half way home. On this phone, I have been getting text messages that are sent to Leroy. We have been trying unsuccessfully to eliminate that possibility. I figured either Leroy or I had turned off one too many things.



At that shelter I got the same messages. Grumble, Grumble. I stopped once again but still no luck, this time I sent him a text. I was carrying my phone in the back pocket of my bike shirt so I could hear the ding. I hoped that was an answer from Leroy. At home I looked at my phone to see that the message had not been delivered.



“I was beginning to worry about you,” Leroy said when I came in the door.



I started grousing about my phone difficulties, but I wanted to eat first since I was so hungry. Stopping to call him had added many minutes to my trip. Leroy looked at my phone and he also was totally mystified. I could text, why it did not go that first time I do not know. I could receive calls, but I could not make them.



Google was the next step which had the answer as (many) others have had this problem. Various solutions were offered. Luckily, the first one I chose worked. I reset the time and date before I completely turned off the phone. Great! I could once again call people, I did check it this morning and it still worked.



Paula

No comments: