Wednesday, August 8, 2018

A Day At Home

Hello,



Tuesday evening Natalie declared that she did not want to go to anymore museums. Leroy and I were ready to take a day off as well. We hung around the house except for going to the little free library about a ten or fifteen minute walk away. We added two books to the collection. In the afternoon we walked to the city library because Leroy had finished one of his books. We had read several of Natalie’s books so they were returned. She also checked out some new reads. I was still working my way through the only book I had checked out. I liked it, but I must not be a fast reader because I cannot keep up with Leroy. On the way home we stopped at a park for Natalie to enjoy the equipment.



I should mention that it often rained at night while we were visiting. That helped Leroy and I to pull weeds along the side walk and along the fence above the short rock wall. We consistently tackled that every morning with great satisfying results. Sarah declared it to be one of the best birthday presents as it is such a big job to keep the weeds under control on their corner lot.



The next day we got some heavy duty gloves so Leroy could cut/pull out that short cactus spreading with abandon along the fence. I did not pull weeds where those cacti were residing as I have gotten the thin painful spines in my hands before. Leroy managed to fill a large garbage can with the pieces he removed. He left only one clump. The sad thing is that we both feel they will grow back with without regard to human wishes. Leroy was not really able to get out the roots. Until that is accomplished I suspect they will return fiercely. I have heard of putting vinegar on some plants to kill them, but we did not try it here.



All it all it was very satisfying to see, even if only temporarily, the weed free, cacti free area.



Paula

No comments: