Friday, August 17, 2018

On the Road

Hello,



Earlier this week I saw a car turn in front of me the wrong way on a one way street. Usually I do not know where the horn is because I never use it. However, I found it and blew to no avail. She had her phone in hand. I wonder if she were texting. When relating this to a coworker, she brought up the idea of road rage if you honk at someone. This woman seemed to pay no attention.



Today I was riding my bike to work for a team meeting. This time an extended van type vehicle that might give rides to others was coming towards me on the one way street that I was preparing to turn onto. This time there was no horn to warn them of danger so I just watched them go.



I got a little over three miles from home when I met a couple on the bike trail who told me that the trail was closed. “How will I get to Ely?” I wondered out loud.



The woman told me, “They let us walk through.”



After consideration, I decided that I had enough time to ride back home and switch to the car for my trip to the library. I did not know what they were doing to the trail and I would have to cross that spot again on the way home. I had seen the trail closed signs but ignored them because I have seen the signs before and it meant nothing.



Maybe another day I can ride that far. At least I got in a good six mile ride.



Paula

No comments: