Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Music in the Night

Hello,

Last night Leroy and I were sitting quietly lost in our own worlds of reading good books when we heard a dinging sound coming from the IPod. Having never heard such a thing before I thought maybe one of our children was trying to do Facetime or video chat. Not so! Instead it was a notice from the music app that son-in-law Andy had added. I tried to turn it off because I was not really interested in listening to any music or dealing with new songs at the moment. I did not succeed in turning it off instead somehow I gave the song a thumbs up and it proceed to play away invading my quite time. I then tried to turn the IPod off to get rid of this unwanted intrusion, but it would not shut down. I tried every button I could think might work. No luck! Just music, music, music. I suppressed any nasty thing I might have had roll though my head at this moment and expressed my frustration to Leroy who felt he could help. Leroy also struggled, but he was not as exasperated as I was. I had visions of us burying this small machine in a remote place so we could sleep without the serenade. Finally he was able to stop it, however he could not tell me exactly how he had done it so I cannot duplicate it if necessary in the future.

I am making bean soup for supper. I soaked the beans and then put them in the crock pot this morning. Because I was washing clothes and my washer is additional counter space, I set the pot on the floor using the same outlet as the microwave. At noon I moved the crock pot only to learn that it had not heated. Luckily it did heat when I plugged it in at the counter outlet. In my mind I had already headed out to the store to get a new one. I can put that off for a while, maybe even years as I believe that outlet on the floor is loose and it might not have connected to electricity. The wind very effectively dried my clothes. I am grateful for good clothes pins that held on through the rigors of constant blasts.


Paula

No comments: