Wednesday, April 29, 2015

That New Bike

Hello,

I would show you a picture of that new bike, but Leroy rode it to work today. He borrowed my bike lock even though the bike will be inside. His bike is neon greenish yellow. “Amazing!” I exclaimed when I saw it.

“It was either this or black,” Leroy stated, “and I chose this one.”

Does he want to live on the wild side? He also tells me that the bike was so light to ride. He would like not to put a rack on it for his bags. Today he took his lunch in a backpack. How long do you think that will be the way? I personally do not like to ride with a pack on my back. I would rather have the bike take the load. Course he also has no lights or a computer or a front or rear bag which all add a little weight. But he will get some of those things just to be safe. I figure with this color bike he will be noticed.

I sewed up a stuffed animal that had a seam opening. I even had thread that was a close match. This animal is from the library. There was talk of throwing it away as no one else had any sewing skills. My skill is minimal, but I think it looks ok, it certainly looks better than it did before I started. If not I will give it away.

I am rereading The Boston Girl for our book club. On my own I rarely read a book twice. The second read does give me some new insights. I liked this book so it was not hard to make myself read it again. I suppose the big incentive is to keep reading new things because there are so many good books out there waiting to be found.


Paula

No comments: