Thursday, April 30, 2015

Garage Sale Coming

Hello,

The Ely library sponsors a garage sale each spring. It was started when Leroy and I lived in Ely. The price to have your name and items on a map is $5. That has been the charge from the beginning which was some time before 1999 when we moved away. Some people complain about the cost, but I am happy to say they are in the minority. Others suggest that we should raise the price. All things considered, I do not think we make much money from those fees. We print maps, pay for ads and put up signs. It is such a busy time and that takes people power as well. The Friends of the library does have a book sale and money is made from that. Most of those books have been donated so that is a big plus. Again a big deal of human effort goes into storing, sorting, and displaying these books. At the end there has to be a disposal of unsold books. Even though it is a lot of work, but am happy to help people cut down on the items they have in their homes. I believe it should make they lives lighter and freer.

Perhaps I should start a neighborhood garage sale in my neighborhood. Do you think people would come? Do you think people would participate? I will think some more about that before I volunteer to do something about it.

I will include

two pictures of Leroy’s bike so you can see how special it is. He has liked everything about it.


Paula

No comments: