Monday, November 28, 2011

Still Here

Salt Lake City

Hello,

Two months ago I thought we would have another place to live in connection with a job. Instead there is still no indication that there is anything out there for Leroy. We are moving deeper into the trusting God mode most days. We are neither wondering where our next meal is coming from nor are we unsafe so if we like, we can ignore God. But life still holds many blessings for us even if I have noticed sore muscles here and there from lengthen and strengthen.

Andy started a major re-insulating project in Olivia’s room. Leroy tells me that he felt he was even able to make some significant contributions to the effort. Tonight they are hoping to finish this task; however Leroy tells me that he does not know if he can again work so late. He is a much better morning worker, but then Andy is gone to work.

For Thanksgiving we used about half of a large can of pumpkin for the pie. Today I looked up a pumpkin bread recipe and proceeded to change it to my needs for less sugar and oil. I also had extra pumpkin that was not enough to double the recipe so even though I was not home I took off with my usual adjustment abandon and made two smaller loaves instead of one. In one of them I added a half cup of cranberries that were also left over.

The girls, Leroy and I ate half of each loaf. It does cement my belief that we are training our children to crave sweets because both girls had at least three slices in spite of the reduced sugar. These girls also eat my homemade whole wheat bread that has only about a tablespoon of honey, yeast, water, and flour.

Andy, who has a more serious sweet standard, ate one slice of pumpkin bread. He thought it was good, but it needed more sugar. Neither of us was surprised with that comment. I was not sure that he would like it at all.

Paula

No comments: