Wednesday, November 2, 2011

On the Road Again

Bismarck, ND

Hello,

We are once again traveling. In spite of the fact that I am really ready to settle down for a long time, we are once again going back to SLC to spend some time with Miriam and family. We talked about flying, but decided to be like turtles and haul most of our supplies with us. If it decides to warm up and become spring again we are ready for that.

We stopped to visit with some American friends we had met in Slovakia. It was just wonderful to spend some time talking, talking, and talking. Then there was the delicious lunch that they treated us to. This lunch contained more veggies than we would normally get on a traveling day. It satisfied my body and soul.

Tomorrow we go on to Billings to spend more time with friends. How great it is to have friends in many places. That makes us rich indeed.

For some reason I am very tired and I will not write long. Each time I leave one of these families there is the sadness that goes with parting. Then I just remember that I am seeing all six of my grandchildren in a relatively short amount of time and under ordinary circumstances that would not happen. Sometimes we are given gifts that we had not asked for.

Tonight in Bismarck we went to a diner for supper. I had tasty borscht accompanied by a spectacular sunset. Leroy’s soup was also very good, but I can neither spell it nor pronounce this dumpling dish. You just never know what you will find in any one place. Blessings pressed down and running over!

Paula

No comments: