Monday, November 14, 2011

Power

Salt Lake

Hello,

Yesterday the power came back on about dinner time so we were able to have a normal meal at home. It is so nice to have the electrical assistance when cooking. I will have to say that I was starting to feel a bit cool and in order to read I was using a flashlight. Leroy, Miriam, and Andy were gone on an errand while the girls had gone across the street to play with a friend. Earlier the group of little ones had come home determined to watch a movie. They were a bit put out that this TV did not work anymore than the neighbor’s had.

Leroy and I again lifted weights this morning. I have to confess that I did not put too much effort into it since I did not even work up a sweat. I should probably try harder.

Leroy gathered and “chopped” leaves that he put on the back area of the yard so they could decompose to enrich the soil. The yard looks good.

Leroy and I keep a list of passwords for our various internet places. Today we could not find that paper list. It was quite frustrating. Both of us were getting a bit grumpy by the time I finally found the file on the computer.

This evening the girls and I took a walk in the neighborhood. We saw four houses that had lights on for Christmas. One of them had quite the display with the other three being much more modest. Olivia exclaimed, “It is not even Christmas yet.”

Tomorrow there is again a Pilate class. I am giving myself a pep talk about the benefits of attending. It is a bit of a challenge for me. When I exercise with a tape I just slide into it without worrying much about form and reaching for the ultimate when I start. It pushes me more to be with live people.

Paula

No comments: