Monday, November 7, 2011

New things

Salt Lake City

Hello,

This morning Leroy and I went to the gym with Miriam and got a month pass. This time I took along a photo id plus a piece of mail with my name and SLC address. How is that for being prepared?

The cost of $35 for a senior couple is quite within our idea of good use of our funds. It should help us to keep focused on our well being. I can even join a yoga class for that amount. I suspect that we will use the weights the most.

This morning we spent a bit of time on the machines. Miriam showed what she knew about and we both remembered some things from other times of using the machines.

Miriam has told me that my jeans were too short. Course the pair I stored is longer, but it might as well be in jail since I cannot easily get to it. So this morning it was off to the thrift store where I bought two pair of jeans for a $1 each. Miriam and Leroy both thought they were a little big, but I love the comfort so I got them. Leroy found one pair that was also $1. We are both feeling that we did not pack the right clothes for this long a time away from our supply. Somewhere in my subconscious I was sure that we would be settled in our next home by now. We will adapt.

We played a memory game with Andy and the girls. Leroy and I clearly came in last(me) place and second(Leroy) to the last place. We had better work on some brain activity. Perhaps that should be a daily task. I am not sure how it happens, but we do not do so many extra things as each day flies by.

Paula

No comments: