Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Favorite Things

Salt Lake City

Hello,

“Absence makes the heart grow fonder.” That is certainly true in the case of my eight quart metal mixing bowl. My children do not have such a great bowl. However, I did not risk making bread and granola without my favorite large strong metal stirring spoon as it fit in the car very nicely. I used that spoon twice today. Once to make granola and once to make sour cream twists. It was wonderful to grip the handle and feel it easily move the ingredients around the edges to make a well mixed dough or thoroughly jumbled ingredients.

Tomorrow I will make bread (Leroy and Paula style whole wheat.) and more apple crisp. Leroy is talking about freezing some of the apple slices, but we have not done that yet. Miriam did make an apple cake plus we have eaten one or two apples every day. Such bounty to be had in the fall!

I am not sure it will be a favorite but this morning I went to a Pilates class. Only two of us attended so the instructor did an introductory class. It was good for me, and a bit of a challenge.

Tomorrow I will go lift weights in the morning. I will try to lift three days a week, Pilates once and yoga once. That ought to give me some regular exercise. Today Leroy went with me and lifted weights. I am not sure what he will do tomorrow as it is recommended that you rest one day when lifting weights.

Last night we played memory with the girls and Andy. I came in dead last both games. Little scary to think my memory is totally gone. Tonight, however, I got 15 matches. Andy was not there and I am not sure if that made the difference or what. At any rate I feel restored because of it.

Paula

No comments: