Saturday, November 26, 2011

Lengthen and Strengthen

Salt Lake City

Hello,

I was seriously thinking of skipping the exercise class this morning; however I called Miriam in Iowa to ask where the advent candles might be. She asked, “Are you going to go exercise?”

She could tell from my low key response that I had not really planned to do this. Her skill or forte is applying pressure to convince people to do what she thinks is right. I also caved in to her will and my own niggling guilt.

It was quite fine to be greeted with enthusiasm by the person who also comes to the Pilate and yoga classes. Course that woman is an extreme exerciser as she goes to one class every day and some days like today even goes to two of them.

I do not feel as sore now as I did last week, but maybe tomorrow will tell a different tale. One thing that helped was they talked a while before class started so we started five-ten minutes late, but I did not complain about not getting my money’s worth. On the walk home I did feel lengthened and strengthened.

Now if I could just think of something to have for supper (my word)/dinner (their word) that we would all like to eat. These little girls have rather narrow tastes and most of it is not things that I normally eat. Broccoli, bread, peanut butter, granola, scrambled eggs, cucumbers, carrots, and rice are the most common ground. Maybe the list is longer than I realized.

I made some rice because I have missed it and they all like it. Surely I can dream up something that will be acceptable to all. It is so wonderful that Leroy eats almost everything I put in front of him. I do not thank him enough for that.

Paula

No comments: