Wednesday, September 9, 2009

More on the Weekend

Hello,

I went to church at the smaller congregation which means that we ate later since I had nothing fixed by the time we got home. I need a wife!

In the afternoon we again headed off to the bike trail to ride with friends. I had a great ride going along on the recumbent tandem. A recumbent makes sense for a more serious bike ride. My neck did not hurt, my hands felt fine, and my bottom was not tired. Maybe someday we/I will make the switch. For now I manage just fine on my bike for errands around town since the trip is never longer than four miles one way. The weather was good, the sun kind, and the wind was low.

Monday Leroy and I could not sit around. We made a batch of applesauce. Those tough gnarly apples take the fun out of the work. The discard pile was almost as large as the keep pile when we got done. We also made a large apple crisp. There are not so many apples left so there will be no more applesauce, just crisp. The apples do not even invite eating as it requires cutting off various spots. The pears are delicious. I wish that I had picked many more of them. They are in great shape.

Today I did something I have never done before. I talked to my neighbor about what I put in my devotion log. Generally I never mention my faith when I am visiting with people. It somehow just seemed to fit in the conversation and the words came out of my mouth with minimal thought. I told her that I have lately been writing that I will trust God for today. The future is too far away, but I can deal with today. I also talked about the list of six things I am grateful for. She told me that she thought I had been sent as she was praying for some answers for her life. She said, “I can also let God know that I will trust today. I feel so much better.”
God can use us in ways and times that we do not even anticipate.

Paula

No comments: