Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Bountilful harvest

Hello,

More tomatoes got canned this morning. Now only the solid non-fragile eating ones are left. There are still some left on the vines, but they will be ready while I am gone. Leroy will have to deal with them. Surely he will enjoy that. Leroy has dried basil two times. There will also be three peppers to pick and Leroy can take care of them too.

The worst looking apples made the best tasting crisp. It is not fun to make since there is so much more cutting and work ferreting out the good. Hopefully another pan can be made before I go to DC consequently Leroy will be well supplied.

Today’s batch of bread was good and many buns went in the freezer so Leroy can also have some while I am gone. Then I will freeze some of yesterday’s soup so this guy will not starve. Plus he is really good at taking care of himself.

Besides all that kitchen work I got two thank you notes and one long letter written.
Then I went to church twice for yoga since I have started giving my sessions again. The schedule is the tricky part. Next month I will try another time to see what works best for all.

Sarah sent directions for getting from the airport to her office. There was a time when that would have struck terror in my heart, now I am just a little anxious. I remind myself most people here speak my language so it should all work without a hitch. But it would be nice to have Leroy with me to agree or disagree on any fine points and take some of the responsibility. Or maybe I am just big into the handholding stuff when trying something new.

Paula

No comments: