Sunday, September 13, 2009

Little Fever

Hello,

Friday I woke up with small pain in my intestine. At the end of the day I had a low grade fever that only lasted about six hours. Weird, if you ask me. Because of it I did not pick grapes on Saturday morning. Such disappointment! Leroy went without me. He said, “I had a great time.”

Course I felt great all day Saturday. Consequently I could clean the kitchen floor, sweep down outside cobwebs, read a book, think about what I was missing, and sweep out the carport.

With a total turn around we are now ready for rain. The ground is dry and cracking in places. The seasons are all mixed up. August was almost totally green. September usually brings rain, but it has not yet rained in this month.

Friday I will go to Washington D.C. to help Sarah and Stephen get settled into their new home. I was to be there ahead of their things, but I am not sure that will happen. Last Wednesday Miriam called to say, “The movers are here picking up Padres’ things. The mover told me they expect to be in D.C. on Monday.”

Oops. Plane tickets cost much money to change. Surely there will still be things to be done. Because of all my flights to Kenya I have a Silver Elite status so I can take check-in luggage. Plus there are other perks such as getting on the plane first, but why do I want to get in there early? Waiting areas are larger than planes.

Sunday should be a day of rest, however when Leroy brings home two big boxes of very ripe tomatoes rest takes a back seat. Is this comparable to pulling the ox out of a hole? Some of these tomatoes would have rotted by Monday. Seven jars are done. Some are cooking in the crockpot. No matter what the weather is like there will be bean/tomato soup tomorrow complete with basil from our plant and bay leaves from the store. What blessings again. Just when that seems to be the last more comes. Someone told Leroy they have apples and will give us some of them. Pushed down and running over.

Paula

No comments: