Monday, September 7, 2009

Busy weekend

Hello,

Friday, Leroy and I headed off to Ely to visit friends for the evening. Because we came to their house before they got home we visited our former neighbors. It was great to see them. I even stole some seeds from the four o’clocks planted at “our” house. Sixteen years gives a feeling of ownership even if it is not true. I had gotten the original seeds from Leroy’s mother.

We went out to eat in the area of Cedar Rapids that had been so damaged by the flood last year. The food was tasty in this Czech restaurant and somewhat reminiscent of Slovakia.

The next morning we left to meet my brother and sister-in-law in a park that we had not seen in a long time. The deer were out as well as turkey buzzards. The walking was hilly and good for us. The water had gone over the spillway last year and we wanted to see the results. We did see some fossils.

The next stop was a mall where we had intended to spend no money, but parted with a lot, by my standards. I got a pair of expensive sandals that were on a good sale. I am hoping that I can walk for a long distance in these sandals. A new paring knife caught Leroy’s eye. Our children keep complaining when they use our knives. This was also expensive, but at a good sale price.

Sunday I tried once more and was able to put on my diamond ring. It is the first time since June 5. It only came off with a bit of lotion persuasion. Later is time enough to try again. Seems the knuckle is still big. There is still pain if I grip tightly. For a long time the only solution that came to mind was having the rings stretched. Now I have hope that it will be ok.

Paula

No comments: