Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Planting Flowers

Hello,

Thursday I helped plant some flowers and vines in pots on the city square. I like working with the dirt that someone else has already prepared so it was fun. I knew almost everyone who was there and that is nice too.

It was requested that each adopt a planter to keep it watered. I like doing that too. I feel part of the community and have some ownership in it. The tricky part is figuring out how to get the water to the pot. Of course I cannot drive there even though I did on the planting night. What a waste of exercise time and the earth’s resources. It is less than a mile for me, but two gallons of water weigh 16 pounds so carrying is out. I drove before because I was again supposed to bring two gallons of water and I did not think of anything to put it in but two five gallon buckets. I mostly filled those buckets and drove like a sedate old lady at 10 miles per hour working to keep the water level as I eased around corners. Success!

I have now emptied a gallon of milk so I can use that as well as the three half gallon containers I found on my search down stairs in the assortment that I might need sometime. It works very well to put these containers in the bike bags. Leroy helped me today but I do not think that was necessary.

We have gotten some insurance statements on the cost of my big trip and fall sequence. The first bill has come and we must pay $900+ for the CT scan. Creates many feelings. I am glad that we have insurance so that it was not the full $2,000+ that we owe, maybe I should not have gone to the emergency room, after all it all showed nothing that needed attention, grateful we have the money to pay this, but still know that more is to come. We have the insurance statement on the dr. bills, $200 for the eye doctor and $600 for the radiologist. No bills yet from them and not yet for the emergency room use. More money to go away there too I suppose. Soon I will have met my deductible. Last year we had too much money in our flexible spending account and we had to use some creative thinking to use all of it, this year it is already all used. Such is life.

Paula

No comments: