Friday, July 10, 2009

Ordinary Days

Hello,

“Leroy, I am having trouble focusing and getting a little bit a light flash at the edge of my eyes.” I said.

It resolved itself rather quickly so I ignored it hoping that is not a mistake. The Mayo clinic site says that some people do get migraine headaches that have an aura. It is rare not to have pain with it, but the eye doctor did suggest that I might have eye migraines. Better no pain than pain, but it does make me uneasy after my head injury.

Last week the Ukrainian pastor brought us a large bowl of goat cheese that I split into three groups and froze two. We did not drink the quart of goat’s milk right away because I was sick and not eating. Leroy was unsure if he could drink it because of his lactose intolerance. So when I felt better I made some gingerbread. Leroy seemed to handle that ok, but there was still more milk. Next I made sour cream cinnamon twists, an old recipe from my mother. Leroy decided that he had more trouble with that. Today I used the last of the milk in a sour cream coffee cake. It was in the Betty Crocker cookbook that my parents gave me as a wedding present. It took a shocking amount of sugar and butter (I changed that to oil). My More with Less Cookbook does a much better job of using acceptable amounts. It is hard for me to believe that I grew up eating quite a lot of these things. Maybe I did not eat so much because I remember stopping in the middle of a cookie. But sweets were always available in my house.

A young guy in the congregation came over to help Leroy get rid of two bushes in the backyard. That is great because Leroy has not liked this bush from day one. Now we will have to do something with that area so it can look decent. I was thinking I could put in shade perennials, but the tree above it lost a lot of branches this last winter so I am not sure what to do.

Paula

No comments: