Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Family Picture

Hello,

It took a long time, but we finally got the pictures framed and in our possession. They look good. I had gotten to the point of wondering if we had done the right thing, but I like it. It is great having them all in one big frame. The person in the shop commented on how good the photographer was to catch the light on the grass the way he did.

Where should we hang it? The living room really did not need any more pictures on the wall, but we could take some down. Grant Wood print came off its spot over the piano. After two days I knew that I did not like the family there because I could not see it as well as I would like. Then it was on to the kitchen where I took down an arrangement of four small pictures. It looked good when Leroy held it up. Here I could look at it while we ate or any number of times when I was in the room. Leroy put it up and we both agree this is the right spot. Now if all of life could be so easy to find the right spot.

Leroy put up the last mini blinds in the kitchen over the sink. For some reason the blind would not fit in the holder so it could be made secure. This caused much muttering, sighing, and fuming before it was accomplished. It is still not perfect, but it works. I will say that it makes the room dark so it will only be down when necessary.

Today for the first time since I fell down I have been able to wash my hands without feeling pain. I fell hard on my left hand in particular and there are certain movements that were not good for the finder joints. Do you know how hard it is to wash hands without rubbing them together? How often I would rub my hand over something and feel pain was amazing to me. I think now 4.5 weeks later it is healed even though it is still painful for me to get the gallon of milk out of the frig with that hand. It is on the mend.

Paula

No comments: