Saturday, July 11, 2009

Bugs rule

Hello,

“Leroy, come here,” I said this morning.

This rather large half-inch bug was lying on its back in the middle of the bathroom floor. It could not get back over and I was not inclined to help it. It was probably dying anyway so we helped in on its way.

“Do we need to have the exterminator again?” Leroy wondered.

The contract that was in place when we first came is no longer. There has been no invasion of bugs, but is this the beginning?

We get up in the night and go the bathroom without turning on a light because there is enough light from outside. What would it be like to step on this critter in the dark? Not appealing!

Leroy is performing a small wedding with a large reception afterwards. I will be going to the reception, but I have nothing to wear. My fancy dress that would be cool seems too fancy. Other dresses that are more casual are too warm and the rest of my clothes seem too casual. I have too many clothes, but not the right ones for every occasion.

At least my hair looks fairly good today because it is humid.

We ate the last of our front door border lettuce today. It is a bit sad to think this is the end of it. It has been so good this year. I cannot remember when we started eating it, but we have eaten some almost daily. Often lettuce gets bitter in the heat, but it has been the best this year even up to the end.

Our tomatoes and peppers are still growing. Our basil looks great, but I forget to use it. The cilantro and parsley are hanging on, but not thriving. Everywhere I look I see gigantic tomatoes. It seems that everyone but us uses Miracle-gro.

Paula

No comments: