Wednesday, July 29, 2009

More thoughts

Hello,

I made it sound as if Leroy and I always got a good gas mileage car and that is not quite true. We did have the big green beast translated van that probably got five mph. We did find it useful for hauling many people and things. I think we all have missed it from time to time as it could have done some job for us.

“When we get settled some place, I want to buy a truck,” said Leroy.

“What!” I shrieked, “What for?” This is unbelievable.

“To haul things,” Leroy said, “For instance, I could put those small branches and trashy debris that was under the bushes in it. I do not want to put them in the Saturn.”

Will I ever completely know this man? He can still surprise me. A truck?

The specialized batteries for a small desk clock are hard to find. If this clock had not been a gift it would be gone. Finally a new battery started it up again. About a week later it quit again. Pushing around on the battery started it. This happened several times and the last time it started up an hour ahead. However it seems easier to subtract the hour than to risk having it quit again so soon. How many times have I looked at it and panicked thinking I was very late? Life is exciting.

My bike gears were not working well so mostly I pulled up hills without changing gears. That means strength training for me. Finally the bike shop put on a new shifter and I am much happier. The right tool working well does make a difference.

Paula

No comments: