Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Full town

Hello,

The town is getting quite full in the afternoon because today was the shortest ride at 44 miles.

Leroy did not go because he was just too tired. He is not sure that he will even be able to go tomorrow. We will just have to face each day as it comes.

We have our ten people in the back yard. They bring lawn chairs and mostly just hang out after their showers. They did not ask if they could take a shower, but where was the bathroom with shower. They all have brought their own towel. That is good because I did not have enough for everyone. I have already boiled my eggs and purchased bread. Breakfast is almost ready.

Leroy is over at the church writing a sermon and taking pictures. He walked, but wondered if it would feel like a long trip. He gets tired so easily.

It is something to see the variety ages and sizes of people who are on this ride. Unlike when we went in the 80’s people have more weight. I am not sure how they can ride so much and still weigh so much. Mysteries!

The four inside people have also already come. They are going to be easy keepers too, however they did ask to do some laundry. We have a big camper parked at the back of the lot, but they do not require anything beyond space to park. There is an additional camper/van at the side that is using electricity but they paid for that. Now I suppose we should pass that on to the church since they pay the electric bill.

I did do some cleaning, but not as seriously as I had planned. I dusted, and vacuumed most of the floors. I ran out of time because I ended up spending so much time at the church yesterday. It takes a long time to bag 800 brownies.

Paula

No comments: